Saturday, August 29, 2009

Thinking aloud..

For a lot of reasons, friends are like clothes. Both are essential, necessary and close to the heart. They serve the same purpose too, they protect, they reflect. While a man is known by the company he keeps, he is also known by the clothes he wears.

I wear what I like, I befriend who I like.

The various levels of friendship may also be akin to the relationship one has with one’s clothes. Some fit just snug, some cosy, some fair-weather. Some fit just so comfortable that one doesn’t ever want to move out of them, some are just so downright uncomfortable that one can’t wait to get out of them, some are just about nice, and some are extremely special.

Hence, I safely conclude that we can outgrow friends. What fit me seven years ago doesn’t fit me anymore; no matter how hard I try to hang on to it. But then again, I love the fact that some of them have grown with me, on me and I would never part with them.* Today, I cleaned out my closet. Chucked everything that doesn’t fit me anymore. Every little piece that was once loved but has not proven worthy of my attention for the past year. After all, I need to make room in my wardrobe for newer things,newer people, that are as always, chosen with extreme care. As for that essential white shirt and that sexy black dress that every girl’s wardrobe must have, I am so glad I found you, you know who you are.


*If you want to argue over the fact that clothes that I own for seven years cannot fit anymore, don’t. See me in my black T-shirt, which, interestingly is very often. I will NOT part.

1 comment:

  1. hey this 1 is cool..
    i hope im bit comfortable 4 u and growing with u 2 .. rite..:-)

    ReplyDelete